Have you got the knowledge and skills to fulfil your obligations?
As a small business, you’re unlikely to be legally required to hire a Data Protection Officer. However, you’re not exempt from compliance, or your obligations under the GDPR.
Whichever way you look at it, you’ll need to resource your data protection compliance activities. That’s not necessarily an easy thing to do.
Here at Smarter Data we understand that you’d benefit from the ongoing input of independent experts, it just needs to be affordable and built to meet your needs. We’ve designed our Remote DPO package to ease your resource headaches.
As part of our Remote DPO service we:
- Act as your named DPO
- Provide Helpdesk support 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (manned by our IBITGQ experts).
- Ensure effective record keeping
- Help evidence compliance
- Handle data subject interactions
- Lead ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) interactions if required
- Yearly on-site compliance review and report
What the law requires
GDPR Article 39
The DPO’s tasks are defined in Article 39 as:
- to inform and advise you and your employees about your obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- to monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with your data protection polices, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- to advise on, and to monitor, data protection impact assessments;
- to cooperate with the supervisory authority; and
- to be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
Each business’ requirements are unique. For a straight forward small business, with less than 30 employees, we can offer Remote DPO Packages for as little as £285 per month excluding VAT. Please contact us for more information and a customised quote.
- We can only offer our affordable Remote DPO services to businesses that are able to demonstrate their compliance with new legislation. If you’re not yet compliant please first consider one of our other services such as the GDPR Gap Analysis.
- If you choose to voluntarily hire a Data Protection Officer, then you need to be aware that the relevant rules will still apply. Please find more information here in Article 38 of the GDPR.